Saturday, January 18, 2014

Brrrrrrr

It's cold here today in western PA, with the thermometer only hitting 15 degrees.  Luckily, I received an envelope of Blue Jays from Daniel at It's Like Having My Own Card Shop to warm my heart (or so to speak).

Daniel responded to one of my posts last week that featured a trio of emerald Diamondback cards that he was interested, and before too long a trade was born. 

First, I think Daniel now holds the distinction of having sent me the smallest cards I've ever seen or owned.

I would say that these cards are roughly 1" by 1.25" inches (I couldn't find a ruler), and the backs are very difficult for me to read without a magnifying glass.  Nevertheless, they're home now.


Every envelope that I receive in the mail seems to bring with it something that I've never seen before, and these MVP Scouts Choice inserts are no different.


Funny how this off season has brought the careers of these two cornerstones of the Jays early 2000's teams into perspective.  Halladay retires a hero.  Wells gets released by the Yankees and his career could be at an end, but unlike Halladay his contract and performance is vilified by the media. 




More new stuff, well new to me anyhow.  I thought to myself after seeing these 2002 SPx cards "gee, maybe I'll pick up a few packs of SPx this year".  Then I remembered it's an Upper Deck product.  By the way, Eric Hinske is the only player that will appear in both envelopes, as I sent Daniel a Hinske parallel from 2013 Topps featuring him as a Diamondback.


As a lover of all things parallel (a sickness, I know), this Gold Leaf parallel from '92 was cool to get.  It is the first Jays gold parallel from this set that I have, only 18 more to go!



Finally, the card that was the coolest was this 2010 Topps 206 Polar Bear back mini of Travis Snider.  I know that I've never seen one of these before (yes I do lead a sheltered life), so this was another great card to find in the package.

Daniel, thank you for the great package of cards, much appreciated!!

Stay warm everyone, and thanks for reading, Robert

1 comment:

  1. Glad you liked the cards and that there was some new stuff in there for you!

    ReplyDelete