Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Intrigued by Ginter so far

I managed to hold out a whole 10 days before I dove in and bought a blaster and a rack pack (gotta keep the spending at $30..you know).  I will say that the border design is all right, nothing overly flashy.  The only complaint I have so far, and it's a very minor one (due to the limited amount of cards I have in hand), is that I would like to see more of the in action shots. I just may have been lucky (?) and the 11 packs that I opened just may have had more of the posed shots than expected.

I do like a lot of what I opened, such as:

World's Tallest Structures: 

Do I find Mr. Woolworth's office on the 5th floor, or the 10th?

What's in a name?: 

I like the card within the card here.

This next card may be my favorite card this year:

Now that's a highlight!


I guess this card is going to represent this year's code?  The back directed me to this blog in which the line below the blog title asks me to "Please be courteous to your fellow Cougars".  Hey, if they're good looking, No Problemo!!!



The pack of minis contained these 3 cards. 


Finally, this next card would cost me points in the Gint-A-Cuffs scoring system, which is a shame because I actually like this guy as a play by play man.


I guess it could have been worse, the sports caster could have been Joe Buck, in which case I would have publicly burned the card and posted it on You Tube.  (yes, seriously)

I was able to pull 6 SPs out of the 11 packs as well, keeping in line with the 1:2 pack ratio. 

Time to start looking for a hobby box.  Gint-A-Cuffs IV awaits.

Thanks for reading, Robert

3 comments:

  1. Good stuff...I keep wondering if buying this year's Ginter is worth it. Then I re-look at the cards I opened and say "Yep sure is worth it!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got a black bordered Adam Lind mini I'd swap for the gold bordered Cruz if you're interested. I also found that Dwight Smith Bowman auto we talked about back in May. I had misplaced it and it turned up today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Robert -- make sure you make your picks here!
    http://jaybarkerfan.blogspot.com/2012/05/trade-bait-draft-2-is-live.html

    ReplyDelete