Wednesday, July 18, 2012

A little Tradition, a little Insanity and a Masterpiece

I recently completed a trade with blog reader Tim, who had a mixed bag of goodies to add to my ever growing collection. 

First up, a long forgotten set here on the blog, but still in the "I want to complete" category, 2001 Fleer Tradition.

Remember when Hermansen was supposed to be the next big thing in Pittsburgh?

Still need 140 cards to finish that set.  Gotta get this one off of the list.

Next up, 5 more cards towards my insanity set, some great stuff here too:


No scrubs here...Justin Upton I heard today is going to be traded by the D-Backs.  It's not if, it's when.  Sounds like they're starting a house cleaning in the desert, because I also heard that Stephen Drew is on the block as well.   I would have liked to have seen Manny come back and give it a shot with the A's this season, but alas I fear his career may be over.  


Finally, in exchange for a Todd Helton relic I sent his way, Tim sent me my 24th jersey card towards the 2008 UD Masterpieces Captured on Canvas set, Travis Hafner.



This is another project that has kind of taken a back seat over the past few weeks, but still remains a set that I am wanting to complete...someday.  Hopefully, I can get lucky at the National and find a few of these on the cheap.  Still have to make a plan for that trip in a couple of weeks...

Tim, thank you for the trade, the cards are very much appreciated!!

thanks for reading, Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment