Sunday, February 5, 2012

OK, now I can concentrate

Good Sunday evening to you all, hope that those of you who watched the Super Bowl enjoyed the game. 

Now that football season is over, I can concentrate on hockey, and soon (in about 3 weeks) baseball.  Not that I don't like football, but for me it is a distant third to the other two, and if you're wondering where basketball is on the list, it's somewhere behind NASCAR, golf, table tennis, beer pong, and professional roshambo (you get the idea).

Sunday afternoons are free once again to peruse the blogosphere, trying to find inspiration, or looking for cards to pare down my want lists.  The Bay is another way of hunting for cards (you knew that already ...), and sometimes you can find bargains like this one...

Got these two for less than $2.50 on eBay, and naturally the Lind goes straight into the Jays PC.  I will say it has been a great start to the year for Jays autos/relics, as the Lind you see here from '11 A&G brings the total up to 21.   Well on the way to the 30 total I had set as a goal by the end of the year.  If anyone is interested in the Reynolds jersey card, it is for trade...just leave me a comment and I'll be sure to get back to you.

I also need to get rolling on the multitude of hockey sets I've been putting off for quite a while now.  I have a bunch of older sets that I need to complete, along with the most recent offering of '11-12 Upper Deck.  I especially love the canvas cards this year, and they may be tempting enough for me to collect...we'll have to see..

They have a kind of textured look as well, similar to the UD Masterpieces sets of a few years back. 

oh, and one more thing, did you know that Roger Clemens had a 2nd career on the side washing dishes??

I bet you didn't know that....see cards are educational!!

Thanks for reading, Robert

1 comment: