Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Pink

October is breast cancer awareness month, but I'm sure that many of you(if not all) already know that.  If you read Collecting Cutch at all, he provides some of the breast reasons to be aware.

I actually have a couple of friends who have lost their breasts to cancer, so I am not only aware of it during the month of October, but year round I am reminded of what cancer can do.

Maybe unwittingly, maybe not, I found a table at the monthly card show on the weekly that had dime boxes, and I bought a few pink cards.


The Bryant was a buck, but the other 15 GQ pink cards were 10 cents apiece.  I'm sure I'll find good homes for them before too long.


I also found nearly 20 of the pink Optic cards, all for a dime apiece.  One has already been shipped off as part of a trade, one is a Marcus Stroman card that goes into the Blue Jays collection, and the others I'm sure will find a home. 

I tried keeping this under the 5 minute allotted time (that is a thing now, right?) but had no luck.

I tried to be cool, but when I think of cool I think of this guy...


Thanks for reading, Robert

3 comments:

  1. I really need to buy more pink cards. Imdid get a few, including a Justin Verlander, so I could post them in support of Cutch.

    Thanks for participating. 👍

    ReplyDelete
  2. How close did you get to completing this in under five minutes? I'm super motivated to eventually pull the 5 minute feat off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't formally time it, but I would say that 10 minutes of scanning/writing is probably a good guess.

      Delete