Wednesday, July 11, 2018

These are a good place to start as any

I received a fantastic small box of cards from everyone's favorite Commish, CommishBob of the Five Tool Collector blog.

Bob offered up a few '62 cards after he saw me mention that I was taking the '62 want list off of my blog so I can focus on other pursuits.  So I sent him that want list and chopped off a bunch of those, but that's for my next post.

Today's post is a half dozen 1970 Topps cards, quick and painless.


Of the 6, only the Shellenbach probably won't stand the test of time.  If you are able to look closely, there are 3 crosses on the right hand side of Jim's head.   Other than that card, the other 5 are great, including the Carl Yastrzemski card which was quite the nice surprise (and very much appreciated).

If you had asked me 5 years ago if the 1970 Topps set was something I would think about putting together, the answer probably would have been no.  But over the years I've been lucky to pick up a lot of these cards on the cheap, and quite a few people have sent me cards from this set as well.

Now, I'm up to 280 cards out of the 720 in hand, and while the set is not a pressing endeavor right now, this is part of the 68 through 86 run that I want to eventually complete.

Still lots of time for that though...

Thanks for reading, Robert

2 comments:

  1. My favorite thing(s) about '70 Topps are all the Pilots cards. That's one of the better Yazes I've seen (and he had a lot of great cardboard).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the White Sox uniforms from that era.

    ReplyDelete