Saturday, July 22, 2017

The Blue Jays Reorg #600: 1980 Topps Dave Stieb


This might be the only card of Dave Stieb that features him without his mustache.   I love it though, if there was one card in my Jays collection that I wouldn't complain about having a lot of, it would be this one, Stieb's 1980 Topps RC.  It actually took quite a long time for me to obtain this card, and I'd like to add at least a couple of more to my collection, which will include one for the '80 Topps set that I plan on putting together some day.

As you may or may not have noticed, I've taken a bit of break from posting on the blog.  Between being short on money due to medical expenses and stressed out from work being so crazy, sitting down to write posts of any length the past two weeks has been out of the question.  Also, buying cards has been few and far between; I actually picked up some packs and a couple of auctions last week for the first time a few weeks.  For those of you who look in on my player PC blog, you can see that my interest has really lied with those collections recently.  I'll be writing (for lack of a better word) my 600th post over there in the next few days.

Now that I have a couple of weeks vacation (for the first time in nearly 19 years btw), I'm going to try and get some work done on cleaning up the collection.  Especially putting a dent in the Blue Jays boxes.   I do have 3 more posts in the draft folder featuring the 700th, 800th and 900th Blue Jay cards that I added to the spreadsheet, and I'm hoping to add a few more in the next couple of weeks.

Time to get back into the swing of things....

Thanks for reading, Robert


2 comments:

  1. Hope you're feeling better. Awesome card. I've thought about starting a Stieb PC, because he's pretty much the biggest name to come out of my high school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He only has 358 total cards listed, certainly a PC that could be completed...

      Delete