Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Just because I haven't been blogging...

Doesn't mean I haven't been doing something that is related to the blog.  I've spent a bit of my spare time updating/sorting my PC's, finding doubles in both the Thome and Sakic binders.  What I thought would amount to a handful of hours on a weekend turned into a 4 evening project, but in the end it was well worth it knowing that both of those collections are up to date.  Now, the focus has changed to getting the piles of cards off of my desk.

One of the giant piles should be easy to handle, it's a giant stack of these:


Hockey will always be a weakness of mine, and even after saying that I wouldn't chase the 14-15 OPC set, there's a big stack on my desk.   I decided to show the Orr card after seeing a post here the other day.   One day I'm going to have to learn how to put custom cards together, I've seen so many people in the blogosphere do it and it looks like a lot of fun.

A pile that I actually did get off the desk this weekend was a bunch of these.


The Blue Jays "Just the hits" page is finally complete.   All of my autos and jersey cards are finally scanned and up for your viewing pleasure (if looking at the Jays actually pleases you).  There was about 40 of them to scan, and the stack of top loaders was a lot taller than I imagined. 

Next pile that's up for removal?   Minis.


I have an aversion to minis.  Yes, they are cards, but I find that I have a tough time handling them.  Over time what I've done with them is as they come in, I set them to the side.  More come in, the pile grows a little higher.  I guess what I'm hoping is that they'll magically go away somehow.

No chance there.   Now it's time to deal with them.

The goal in 2015 is to get things finished, sorted and neat.  That takes time, and for this guy, patience.

Hopefully I can find lots of both and get back to a state of sanity....

thanks for reading, Robert

1 comment:

  1. I can send you some 15 pocket pages for those minis. Have a whole box, so I have extras... Email at QAPLAGCA at yahoo....

    ReplyDelete