Friday, August 9, 2013

Heading home

Sometime tomorrow, I'll be in the truck, heading towards the great white north for a long overdue visit with my mom and one of my sisters.  I'll actually be taking this trip without my better half, so I'll have a bit of free time on my hands.

Sunday is the one day I'm already looking forward to.  I plan on hitting a card show in Toronto that day, but I'm not sure what to expect.  I don't know if I'm going to get a bunch of dealers that just specialize in the high end stuff, or will I be able to find tables that will help me finish out some sets.

I do have a couple of things that I intend on coming home with.   First, some of the new 2013-14 OPC.


Not the greatest image that I could pull off of the internet, but you get the idea.  I look forward to getting a few of these in hand (maybe a box worth if I'm feeling adventurous). 

With some extra money to play with thanks to a nice expense check, I plan on making a nice addition to the Joe Sakic PC as well.  It's been quite a while since I put anything really nice into either of my PC's, so I'm really hoping to find something nice to bring home.


While the Authentic Fabrics card above is nice, I'm looking to see if I can find something even better at a decent price.

Of course I'll be bringing my want lists, including the serial numbered insanity list, but without knowing what to expect, I'm hesitant to say what set I will try and focus on.  I also plan on avoiding cards of my hometown teams, as they'll surely be given the hometown markup.

Who knows?  Maybe I'll end up hitting a couple of card shops in TO as well.  I've got a week to play with, hopefully I can make the best of it.

Thanks for reading, Robert


No comments:

Post a Comment