Monday, July 31, 2023

A couple that are a bit dirty, and a couple that aren't so dirty

Haven't touched the 1959 Topps set very much during the month of July.  But last week I decided to get back on the bandwagon and start knocking out a few more off the want list.

I mentioned it on the post yesterday, had a coupon for 20% off if I purchased $50 or more, so this evening's post is the bulk of the purchase that complemented the Thurman Munson.


Between the Bobby Richardson and the Sparky Anderson, I spent about $17.  For the condition that they came with, I was OK with that.  I've been seeing the Anderson RC'S about $30 and up, so I saved a bit of money here.


$32 for the Cepeda and Snider combined.  Very happy with that.  Not the perfect centering most would like, but I really like the condition that these are in.  A couple of bigger names off the want list for sure.  

34 cards to go.  I've already identified a few cards that are still on the list that can be picked up for a few bucks here and there.  

I've also started discussing with the Mrs. about the big names such as Mantle and Gibson.  She actually had prices in her mind that are higher than what's on ebay.  This '59 train may have a bigger light at the end of the tunnel than I thought.   Fingers crossed!!

Robert

6 comments:

  1. Nice pickups! It's always great when the spouse signs off on adding vintage set build singles to the budget :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool that your wife supports this set build. Congratulations on knocking off some big names. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice vintage. '59 is a set that's been off my radar as far as vintage goes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pickups and discussion tactics with the Mrs!

    ReplyDelete