Monday, October 5, 2020

One Piece at a Time

Another musical inspired post, this time featuring a song that my dad would play constantly when I was in my early teens.  

One Piece At A Time is a song by the great Johnny Cash which tells the story of a young assembly line worker at a GM plant who proceeds to build a car by taking parts out of the factory, as you might have guessed, one piece at a time.  

I've never been a fan of country music, but there's something about this song that makes me sing along with it each time I hear it, whether on my phone while I'm walking or on my iTunes when I'm writing posts.

I'm trying to assimilate the song to my quest to finish off the 2018-19 OPC hockey set.  A recently completed trade with Sean (TCDB ID: Broadway) netted me 8 cards for the build, including the final 4 non-SP cards.  



I don't know why it seems this way, but putting this set together seems to be taking a long time.  It's only been a couple years since the set came out and I'm down to 40 cards on the want list.  I've also knocked off big chunks of the set a couple of times in trades, but for some reason it seems like I'm building the set one piece at a time.

Everything left on the want list now are all short prints, so the hunt is on for the cheapest copies I can find.  

Just like every other modern OPC set that I'm putting together.  Here's the song for your listening pleasure.


Enjoy the hobby!


Robert


1 comment:

  1. Love story telling time with Johnny Cash. Best of luck tracking down those SP's.

    ReplyDelete