Friday, June 7, 2019

The Green Machine

Sometimes I just can't help myself.   Sometimes, I do put some thought into what sets I put together and why.   2019 Topps Gypsy Queen, to me, is a good looking set.  I'm sure that there are those out there that think the opposite, which is fine.

But what really got me attracted are the retail green parallels.  I actually debated for almost a month about whether or not to chase the set.  I wound up choosing to go for the set for 2 reasons.

  1. The look.  Yes, I really like the look, and I think that in a binder and pages this will be a very nice addition to my collection
  2. Something modern.  I'm still trying to keep the trades going on the TCDB website, and adding a modern set or 2 will help keep the trade market going.
I recently completed 2 trades within a week with Scott (TCDB ID: bravefan1) that netted me 11 of the GQ Green cards.

This is my first scan in a month.  

I made a mistake on this trade, sending a Mark Teixeira StarQuest card to Scott instead of a Chipper Jones, but instead of turning that into a negative, he offered up another trade almost instantly after I confirmed the mistake and was ready to send him the Chipper separately.   That trade netted me 5 more....



Fabulous looking cards (as I have said a few times already).  I only have 19 out of the 300 so far, but I'm looking forward long term to finishing this set. 

Scott, thank you very much for the trades, the cards were really appreciated!  Look forward to more trades in the future.

If you have any of these, please let me know, I'd love to take them off your hands (if I can afford it).

Thanks for reading!

Robert

8 comments:

  1. The green does look good, I'll keep my eye out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S> I should heading to the Big Top next weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Solid design. My only issue is the super fine print, but oh well. I like the green parallels too. I should probably build the A's green parallel team set.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have a small stack of these, maybe 12 or so. I'll get them in the mail to you next week. I loved base GQ this year but didn't care much for the green parallels.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've already mentioned it on a bunch of other people's posts, but I really like these green parallels, best part of this year's GQ. It's cool to see that someone will actually be working on the set, are there any short prints in the green set?

    ReplyDelete