Thursday, December 13, 2018

Just trading along

I got a couple of trades in today (or as my wife called it, "Robert Mitchell PWE day").  Now I didn't receive anything high value in the two envelopes, but what I did get got me closer to a trio of sets.


I couldn't tell you the last time I bought a card for my '84 Topps build.   It seems like the last 100 or so cards that I've knocked off that want list have come in from trades.  These 6 come from a 2nd trade with user chvlDm, who is the same person that sent me the A's cards that I mentioned in the last post.  I'm down to just over 170 cards to finish this set off.


New trade partner tjhorak sent me these 4 cards, plus a Jim Thome (that I didn't scan).  TJ's a Cleveland fan, and I was able to send him a couple of inserts/serial #'d cards to get these 5 cards in hand.

As I boasted/mentioned in my last post, I've had a really good run of trades lately on the TCDB website.   I'm waiting on 3 more trades to come in, and I'm working on a 4th with another new trade partner.

These trades might only be for a few cards at a time, but I'm having a lot of fun lowering my want list numbers and getting to know some new trade partners around the good old U S of A.

Keep the trades coming guys!

Robert

2 comments:

  1. One of these days I really need to figure out how to use that site!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once you get the hang of it, the site is pretty easy to navigate.

      One feature I like is you can navigate to a specific person and match your want lists with their trade lists, and vice versa. Makes trading that much easier.

      Delete