Sunday, August 14, 2016

So far, so good, so much stuff

My moving situation was rather unique in that I made it to Florida last August, while my wife and my stuff didn't join me until the beginning of December.  I took a week off in October to go up north and help with packing, but for the most part, my better half did a lot of the packing.

I can only imagine what we'd be going through now if we brought everything we had in the house.  Thankfully we were able to sell/give quite a lot of stuff away, and the burden we are facing now is a lot more manageable.  The one thing however that didn't get pared down was my card collection.  Most of that thankfully is in boxes that were easy enough to move.  However, the binders were plentiful, and sadly, not labelled very well.

That makes things a little tougher when you're getting settled.  I was finally able to dig up the first binder of the SNI set the other day, which means I'm can get back to posting and making sure that I've not made any mistakes with this craziness.

With all that being said, here's page #9 of the SNI set, which is a bit overdue.


Card #73:  Heath Bell, 2011 Topps Chrome Atomic Refractor #73/225.  Courtesy of Ted from the Crinkly Wrappers blog (retired).  San Diego card #5
Card #74:  Miguel Cabrera, 2006 Topps Moments and Milestones #74/150.  Courtesy of Mark from the Stats on the Back blog.  Florida card #3
Card #75:  Nick Green, 2005 Topps Chrome Refractor #75/225.  Courtesy of Dennis form the Too Many Verlanders blog.  Atlanta card #6

Card #76:  Adrian Beltre, 2011 Topps Heritage Chrome #76/1962.  Purchased at an unknown card show.  Boston card #3
Card #77:  Jon Lester, 2011 Topps Marquee blue parallel #77/299.  Courtesy of the Night Owl.  Boston card #4
Card #78:  Cole Figueroa, 2011 Bowman Chrome #78/799.  Courtesy of Jeroen from the Dutch Card Guy blog.  Tampa Bay card #2

Card #79:  Miguel Cabrera 2009 Topps Ticket to stardom #79/99.  Courtesy of Max from the Starting Nine blog.  Detroit card #1
Card #80:  Justin Verlander 2007 Topps Moments and Milestones #80/150.  Picked up at the 2012 National.  Detroit card #2
Card #81:  Chris Carpenter, 2009 Topps Triple Threads #81/1350.  Picked up at the 2012 National.  St. Louis card #7

Dopey me, the last post I did for page 8 I mentioned that 2 of the 3 teams that didn't have cards yet would be taken care of on this page.   WRONG!!  Just Detroit hit the board on this post, so I'm down to the Pirates and the Mets that haven't broken the ice. 

Now, all I have to do is find the time to start writing posts again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment