Saturday, August 20, 2016

I don't think a week will be enough

Looking at the task I have ahead of me, getting my collection "somewhat" straightened out is going to require a lot of hours.  This next week I am on vacation, and part of that time is going to be spent trying to get cards in order. 

7 days to get this mess in order?  Fat chance.  But hey, if I can get some of it out of the way (the spare bed right now is covered in binders for starters) then I'll consider the week a success.

I found one binder so old it had Pittsburgh Steeler cards in it.   I haven't actively pursued football cards in years....

Anyhow, I'll keep posting the SNI cards on here for the foreseeable future until I get some semblance of order in my chaotic card world.  At least I can find the SNI binders!

Page 10, coming at ya...


Card #82:  Matt Garza, 2009 Topps Finest #82/399.  Courtesy of Simon from the 7 Hours from Tampa Bay blog.  Tampa Bay card #3
Card #83:  Carl Crawford, 2010 Topps T206 chrome #83/999.  Purchased at a card show in western PA.  Tampa Bay card #4
Card #84:  Chance Cisco, 2013 Bowman blue #84/500.  Courtesy of Alex from the Chavez Ravining blog.  Baltimore card #5

Card #85:  Austin Kearns, 2004 Topps gold #85/2004.  Courtesy of Jim from the GCRL blog (retired).  Cincinnati card #3
Card #86:  Brett Kay, 2002 Topps Chrome #86/100.  Purchased at a card show in western PA.  New York Mets card #1
Card #87:  Stephen Strasburg, 2011 Bowman blue #87/500.  Courtesy of Dennis from the Too Many Verlanders blog.  Washington card #2

Card #88:  Adam Stern, 2003 Topps gold #88/2003.  Courtesy of the Sandlot cards blog.  Atlanta card #7
Card #89:  Rashun Dixon, 2010 Bowman orange #89/250.  Courtesy of the I collect ball cards blog.
Oakland card #3
Card #90:  Russell Martin, 2011 Topps Chrome atomic refractor #90/225.  I actually do remember pulling this card out of a 25 cent box at a card show!  New York Yankees card #2

The Mets are finally on the board, leaving just the Pirates as the only team without a card shown in the first 10 pages.  The Pirates actually end up being the only team without a card in the first 100 cards of the set.

Still a long way to go and a lot of posts to ensure that the SNI set is up to date and accurate, because my record keeping got a little shoddy (insert your own SH word here if you like..) and also because I need some posting material until I get back into the game.

thanks for reading, Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment