Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Just set it, and forget it

In the ongoing hunt for cheap prices on the many sets/PCs I'm chasing, I spotted an auction recently for a 2015 Topps black parallel of my newest player PC, Brett Lawrie.

It had a starting bid of $4, which I didn't think was too bad.  I wasn't planning on spending any more than that, so I threw down the $4 bid, and if I got outbid, oh well...


The next day I get the email from eBay saying I won the auction.  I had totally forgotten that I had bid on the card to begin with. 

This makes a bakers dozen so far for the Lawrie PC, nothing spectacular yet in the collection but this is definitely a nice addition.

My only question now is, why can't I do this for the key cards I need for the '64 Topps set?

I should be so lucky...

thanks for reading, Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment