Tuesday, October 22, 2013

ImPrizmed

I avoided Panini Prizm baseball like it had the plague.  I prefer fully licensed products, and with Panini lacking a MLB license, the logo less cards looked less than desirable to me.

On a trip to the 'Mart on the weekend, I spied on the shelves a three pack of Panini Prizm hockey.  Seeing as I hadn't purchased any packs of cards in a few weeks, and wanting to sample something new (the store didn't have any Update), I figured what the heck.

I like them.  I know that I'm not going to chase this set, with the price point being similar to Topps Chrome (the 3 pack of Prizm cost $9.99), it's a little too much if you ask me.  Yes, that coming from the guy who is chasing down a '64 Topps set...call me whatever you like...

I did pull one base rookie out of the 3 packs, it wasn't a Galchenyuk, Huberdeau or Yakupov, but having the last name of Staal isn't too bad in today's NHL.


The pack also came with a mini pack of three blue pulsar cards.  Nice looking sure, but just another colorful temptation that I need to avoid...


If price wasn't an object, yes I would chase this set.  But a 4 pack of cards costs a little over $3, and with a 300 card set which includes 100 rookie cards, I think for sanity's sake that I'll have to pass.  I'm sure that the Maple Leaf blue parallels are something that I would really enjoy having though, so I may have to keep an eye out for them.  Only two and half weeks more until the Expo, maybe they'll have one or two of them there..

Thanks for reading, Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment