Thursday, October 10, 2013

Done in by Mr. Freese

I've been a Blue Jays fan since day one.  I've lived through the ups and downs of an expansion team.  Gone through the highs of the 2 World Series championships, and the lows of the heartbreaking LCS losses in 85, 89 & 91  All that can never be replaced.

But over the past 3 seasons, I've become a closet Pirates fan.  That's probably why the very disappointing 2013 campaign in Toronto was a lot easier to swallow.

Western PA had a Pirates team that it could be proud of.  A great deal of homegrown talent, sprinkled with a few solid free agent signings and trade acquisitions. 

Sadly, it was done in with one swing by this guy....

Nothing crazy on his bat knob...
I looked at my wife when he hit that 2 run homer in the 2nd inning and I said "they're in trouble".  It's funny how this guy in the postseason just has that knack for key hits at the most opportune of times. 

It really looked like Gerrit Cole was going to give Adam Wainwright a run for his money yesterday.  It would have been great to see the young guns of the Pirates come through. 

Alas, it wasn't to be. 

Color me an Oakland A's fan for the rest of this postseason.   I love a good underdog...

By the way, to all you comic book fans out there, I hope you weren't looking for this guy...


Damn Arnold, that cigar looks cold....

Thanks for reading, Robert

1 comment:

  1. We quote Ah-nold all the time at my house, and his run as Mr. Freeze is one of our favorite characters to rehash. You von't put me in ze cooler!

    ReplyDelete