Friday, June 8, 2012

I can't think of anything to write

It's just one of those evenings.  I can think of many different things to write about, but a lot of them end up with me bitching and moaning about the state of modern set releases, or other things that I'm not happy with at the moment, and that's just not what I want to do to start off the weekend!

I could write up a post with a bunch of cards that I want to trade, such as this one:


But I don't feel like spending an hour (OK maybe that's an exaggeration) scanning all the damn things.

I could go on and on about how I want to write more about stuff like nicknames, hockey players, and old sets, but I am just not feeling it.....

How easy do you have it when your nickname is your initials? 

I could do an old whine about the complete lack of decent LCS within 50 miles of my house, but again I'd come off as a spoiled whiny brat because I had one within a 5 minute walk for several years in my late teens and early 20's back home. 

I could just as easily spout off about how current Topps releases are driving set collectors like me back to older sets, because what they define a set as today is one of the biggest loads of b.s. out there.  I can just hear them in the boardroom now..."let's short print the entire set, that'll get em"  "let's make a quarter of the set retired players so we won't have to pay as much money as we do to the modern players"...(sorry, bitching again).

I could also lament the fact that the modern world of collecting for me has totally been dehumanized, and the majority of my incoming cards get to me via eBay, trades with fellow bloggers, online card stores or the self-checkout line at Wal Mart.

But you know what??  I'm not going to do it, because it is the start of the weekend baby!!  And there is nothing better in this world than 2 days away from working for the man....

drinks anyone?

Thanks for reading, Robert


1 comment:

  1. Next time you feel like that, just do a whole post on Gump Worsley.

    ReplyDelete