Monday, December 5, 2011

299 down, 1201 to go

Good Monday evening to you all, hope that you survived the first day of the week without too much damage to your psyche.

I came home to be greeted on the table with two of those old familiar yellow envelopes.  Two more groups of cards to add to the insanity.

The first envelope was a handful of cards that I traded for on the Bench website.  Some very nice Bowman parallels from this year's set.

The second envelope typified what I couldn't have imagined when I first started the set.  It was another generous donation coming from Tom over at The Angels, In Order blog.  Tom sent me some more cards that were very welcome, including the 2007 Turkey Red Chrome card of Miguel Cabrera pictured below:



Incredibly, after only 6 weeks since I announced the project, I'm at 299 unique serial numbered cards, 1 shy of the 20% mark.

To be honest, I figured that this project was going to take me well over a year...I was thinking maybe 18 months. 

If the pace I'm obtaining cards continues, the set would be done in a little under 8 months, barely seeing the light of day for Summer 2012.

Do I expect this pace to continue?  Maybe for the first 750-1000 cards, yes I think so.  But as teams start falling off the charts, and the numbers start becoming a little more difficult to hit, then the pace will surely slow down some.

But for now, I'm loving every minute of it!!






Oh, and by the way, the blogosphere is currently responsible for trading or donating 166/299 of the cards towards my set.  Fantastic gang, thank you so much!!

By the way, Tom, I have found a few Angels cards to send your way, I should have them in the mail in the next few days.  Thank you very much for what you sent my way, it is appreciated!!

Thanks for reading everyone, Robert

2 comments:

  1. Love the '07 Red set. I am close to knocking off the non-shiny version. I think I have some chromious goodness somewhere in the card cave. I will get back with you on that.
    Peace.

    ReplyDelete