Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Freebie post offered up by Nachos Grande

Good Wednesday morning to you all, I decided to take Chris over at Nachos Grande up on his offer of a post based around his questions regarding autographs.

1.  What is the best autograph you own? 
David DeJesus from Topps Lineage.  Better than my Jays autos that I own because I like the look of the card.




2.  What is the best autograph that you've ever pulled from a pack of cards?  Probably the Gump Worsley auto I pulled recently from a pack of Topps Heritage hockey.
3.  What is the worst autograph you've ever pulled from a pack of cards?  Can't say that pulling a bad auto exists, I mean you've got a signature from someone who took the time to sign the card (or sticker) for you.
4.  Do you try to get autographs through the mail?  If so, what sort of success (or failure) stories do you have?

Never have tried to get an autograph through the mail. 
5.  Who was the subject of your first ever autograph?  Al MacInnis of the Calgary Flames.  It was an in person autograph at a local card show in Toronto, and for me the experience wasn't that overwhelming.
6.  Do you actively collect any autographs (certain players, teams, brands, etc)?  The only autographs I would really collect at all are Jays or Maple Leafs players.
7.  Which is better:  Autographs or Relics?  For me, relics are better than autos. I've never been a big auto collector to begin with, so that's probably why.
8.  What do you think of cut autos?  I could take them or leave them.
9.  What is your favorite autograph design (say in the last 5 years)?  I don't pull many autographs, but the one I pulled from the Topps 60 inserts this year I liked.  The red card background really stood out to me.
10.  If you could get the autograph of any five people (dead or alive) who would you want a signature from (and why)?
  •   John Larroquette, he played one of my all time favorite TV characters, Dan Fielding on Night Court.
  •   Ronald Reagan, maybe the best president I'll see in my lifetime...
  •   Gordie Howe, because you don't get the nickname Mr. Hockey for nothing.
  •   All the band members of the band Asia, because I'd like to find out the real reason why they stayed apart for over 20 years.
  •   Rickey Henderson, because his batting stance and base stealing ability really changed the game in the early 80's.
As you likely can tell from my answers, I never was a big auto enthusiast...just a personal thing I guess.


Thanks for reading, Robert

(Words in this post, 407:  Total for the month, 5128). 

No comments:

Post a Comment