Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Want List Wednesday: 1981 Topps BB

I decided to start something a little different on the blog.  The vast majority of bloggers have some form of want lists on their blog, but how often does one really take the time to look them over?

Right, not that often.  I usually don't look unless I'm prompted to by a blog post of some kind, or maybe even a tweet...

But when looking at a post the other day from Matt at the Diamond Jesters blog in which he took the time to post his 1978 Topps BB want list, which is down to 84 cards to go, I got an idea.

When do people post want lists right on their blog posts?  When they want to try and get them finished, usually by trades, or sometimes they'll get hit with a random act of kindness (#RAK) from someone who has extras that they want to purge.

You get the idea....

Well, I've decided to make the middle of the week "Want List Wednesday", in which I'll post a want list of a set that I'm hoping to finish rather quickly, or it may be a set where I need a boatload of cards and I'm looking to maybe get a chunk of them from someone who has extras....

Again, you get the idea.

I'm going to start off with a set that I'm down to just 24 cards from finishing.  1981 Topps BB.



123 Al Cowens
130 Larry Gura AS
173 Bump Wills
191 Rick Sutcliffe
300 Paul Molitor AS
318 Steve Yeager
349 Glenn Hoffman RC
356 Padres Future Stars - George Stab RC
358 Mark Wagner
406 Dickie Noles
424 Yankees Future Stars - Tim Lollar RC
452 Renie Martin
454 Andy Hassler
500 Jim Rice
514 George Riley RC
515 Robin Yount
525 Mike Torrez
598 George Vukovich RC, DP
658 Milt Wilcox
659 Brewers Future Stars - John Flinn
669 Minnesota Twins - John Goryl CL, MGR, TC
670 New York Yankees - Gene Michael CL, MGR, TC
685 San Diego Padres - Frank Howard CL, MGR, TC
713 Bill North

Those are the 24 that I need to get this done.  Couple of star names, a few minor RCs, but nothing overly extravagant.   

If you have any or all of these, please drop a comment, or send me an email at 30aweekhabit @ gmail.com.

Oh and hey, if you want to "steal this idea", please do.   Anything that encourages trading and getting those pesky sets finished.

Thanks for reading, and the set help!

Robert

1 comment:

  1. I'm happy I could spark an idea! Ironically, the 1981 set is the one set I'm closer too completing than the 1978 set! I know I have doubles of a few of these, so I'll look through what I have and see what I can send you!

    ReplyDelete