Saturday, September 28, 2013

Who would have thought Jose Molina would have his own post?

Yes, my whining the other day actually got me going.  I've started to clean up the Blue Jays box and get a few of the cards into pages/binders.

It's going to take me quite a while to get it all done, but I'm sure that once the process is completed I'll be a happy camper.

I should rephrase that.  With new sets and new cards always being released, the process will never be complete, so I guess I should say "when the disaster has been reduced to a minor mess".

Going through the binders this evening I actually found a card I had forgotten that I owned.   I had to make sure that I had cataloged it correctly in my Jays spreadsheet (I did), so I figure why not show it off?

Crappy scan....

2011 Topps #414 Jose Molina, old school Topps logo.  What's funny is I didn't notice the card because of the front, I noticed it because of the back...


Man is that dark!  Lighten it up just a bit, and I would be happy if Topps brought the old style back to their base sets.

While looking for the regular base card of Jose for comparison, I found this...


#1!  Funny how I'd forgotten about this as well. I actually had acquired this card a while back after I already had the Javier Vazquez card for the SNI set.  I had decided that this card wasn't going to replace the Vazquez because I was happy with what I had.  Amazing how that thought process changed when a yellow printing plate came my way...

Why not show the front...
I'm pretty sure that I only own one old school Topps logo card that features a Jays player.  I'm also pretty sure that I only own one Blue Jay parallel that has a serial number of 1.

Interesting that they are both Jose Molina.

Well at least I thought it was.

Thanks for reading, Robert

1 comment:

  1. He's the answer to a question Babe Ruth asked, was the last player to hit a HR in old Yankee stadium

    ReplyDelete