Friday, September 13, 2013

I was so excited to write this post, I forgot to put in a title...

I recently completed my first trade with Matt over at the Heartbreaking Cards of Staggering Genius blog, and the trade was about as quick and simple as you can get.  Matt had recently posted a want list of '72 Topps minis, of which I had plenty to send his way.

In return, Matt sent me some Jim Thome PC help.   The Thome collection has been growing steadily over the past few weeks.  While it is still at a meager 53 cards + 3 relics, I have a feeling that it will keep growing steady over the coming months (don't ask me why, it's just a feeling).

I think my favorite cards of Thome are the ones that show him swinging the lumber...


With each new trade, it seems that I discover a new set that I'd never seen before.  The card on the right is from the 2009 SP Legendary Cuts set.  Even though the card scanned looking as if it is smaller than the other two, it actually is a standard size card.


The Heritage card in the upper left might be the only posed shot of Jim Thome that I own that doesn't show him smiling.  I always had mixed feelings about the '08 Goudey cards with Derek Jeter on the bottom, but it is a good pic of Thome, so I'll let this one go.  The '10 A&G this day in history card taught me something.  Back in 1883 the Krakatoa volcano erupts, recording the loudest sound ever.  I guess A&G hasn't been around a TV set with me on Sundays....


Totally unexpected was this Jim Thome jersey card form '08 Topps.   Another great shot of Jim getting ready to mash a baseball, and though the design is a little busy, I like it.

These next two cards remind me of a commercial...





Not quite as bad as the woman, but you get the idea.   Still the two Play Ball cards from 2004 are great adds, especially the bat card on the right. 

Matt, thank you for the trade, the cards were really appreciated!!!

thanks for reading, Robert

3 comments:

  1. I hear what you're saying about finding new sets that you didn't know existed. I pretty much know every card from the Sandberg years, but my personal collection of Kerry Wood helps to keep me updated on all those years I wasn't collecting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That '09 SP card looks awesome. I'd never seen those before.

    ReplyDelete