Wednesday, November 30, 2011

My Baltimore connection had a pile of the right colored birds

Good Wednesday to you all, hope that your week is progressing along nicely.  I recently completed a trade with Ryan over at "O" No!!! Another Orioles blog in which we exchanged cards that fit our needs quite nicely.

I was not aware that Ryan was also collecting the 2009 OPC baseball set until I looked at his want lists, so naturally I was able to come up with a bunch of dupes to get him a little further toward completion.

We, along with half the collecting universe, are also putting together the Topps Update set from this year, so we were able to exchange some cards along those lines as well.  I will not scan them for you in order to save your sanity.

Ryan, however did send a bunch of Blue Jays my way (yes, the right colored birds!).  I found a bunch of interesting cards in this lot...



Lonell Roberts and Pasqual Coco...yes, I'd never heard of them before either.   Roberts never made it past AAA, Coco had a cup of coffee in the '00 through '02 seasons and was out of baseball a couple of years later.



The back of Pat Hentgen's '98 UD card shows him in a hitting pose.  Don't fret though, he's not a threat.  Career average of .107 tells me it is so.

































I always liked Joe Inglett as a ballplayer.  His best season in T.O. he played 2nd, short, 3rd, and all 3 outfield positions.  Utility men like that are hard to find now a days.

Fun fact:  Joe in his 6 seasons in the bigs never wore a double digit uniform number.

(Yea, I know...)



















I think Dustin McGowan lost a bet here, a part of his beard is missing.



























































A couple of world series heroes featured here.  Sadly, Carpenter was a hero for the wrong colored bird team.



Last but not least....Raul Mondesi....what did you think of this trade???????????








Thumbs up baby...

Yea, me too.....






























Thank you Ryan, the trade is much appreciated!!

Thanks for reading, Robert

1 comment:

  1. Phew, I'm glad you like the cards. I was stressing that I was sending you a bunch of crap cards. I guess Blue Jays cards excite a Blue Jay collector more than they do an Orioles collector!

    Verification word: What do you get when you cross a moose with a house?

    HOOSE!

    ReplyDelete