Thursday, February 19, 2015

Whittling away

If there's one thing that I feel pretty confident about, it's that I'm going to finish the Serial Numbered Insanity project sometime in 2015.  With so many people sending me anywhere from a single card to multiple dozens over time, this is one project that I can proudly say has been a community effort.

One of the many community members has been Doug from the Sportscards from the Dollar Store blog, who was gracious enough to send me 4 more cards that I was able to put into the set (Venable was numbered 928 Doug, a number I already had and don't know how I missed it...).


A pair of 2009 Triple Threads, along with a pair of Ohio based 2014 Topps gold cards knock 4 numbers off of the list, bringing the set down to 152 needed to complete the set of 1500. 

  • Peavy brings the Padres up to 48 cards
  • Carlos Lee sees the Astros rise up to 41 out of 50
  • Chris Perez and his flowing locks get the Indians to 45
  • Jay Bruuuuuuce's card has the Reds sitting at 46
Not only did Doug knock those 4 off of the SNI want list, he became the first to knock off a Brett Lawrie card from the top 30 list as well.


I think I'm going to enjoy pursuing Lawrie's cards, since I didn't wait as long to start his PC (not like Sakic and Thome).  I don't have a whole lot of Lawrie so far, but I think that will change quickly.

I have a feeling that I'm going to be busy with a lot of trades this summer.   Not sure why I feel that way, but I really hope I'm right!

Doug, another awesome envelope, thank you very much!   The cards are really appreciated.

thanks for reading, Robert

1 comment:

  1. Nice Peavy.. with an added bonus that the main area code in San Diego is 619. eBay 1/1!

    ReplyDelete