Monday, April 7, 2014

Generic Brand

No name products.  We've all bought them over the years to save a buck or three.  Back home, we also knew them as "yellow label" products, because the cans/boxes had yellow labels with black writing.  

As plain as plain can be.

Today in my mailbox I received such a yellow labeled bubble mailer.  Black writing on the front.

No note inside.  No return address.   Nothing.  Almost as if the person who sent it was ashamed that they sent me this envelope.  I can only think of one question for this person.

Why?

Four Blue Jays cards from 2009 Allen & Ginter is nothing to be ashamed of.  Take a look and see...


I know nothing of A&G from the past, so my first thought was "is there a difference between the red, green and blue backgrounds"?  I highly doubt it, but if anyone can tell me if there is actually a difference, it would be greatly appreciated. 

If only the postage that was paid by this generous person was cheaper than the usual bubble mailer, then this could have been truly a generic brand package.  Oh well, I guess you can't have everything.

Will the mystery guest sign in please...

thanks for reading, Robert

2 comments:

  1. No rhyme or reason to the color in the background that I know of. With A&G base, the only variations are in size and/or the border.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the culprit who sent these to you. The return address was stamped just to the right of the normal area in a circle pattern with a G in the middle. Sorry I didn't include a note was running short on time.

    ReplyDelete