Friday, April 17, 2015

The never ending senior moment

Have you ever received a package in the mail, opened it up and wondered "did I get someone else's package?"  This happened to me last weekend, as I received a generous helping of cards from everyone's favorite Ken Griffey Jr. collector, TJ from the Junior Junkie blog.

When I opened the envelope, I thought for a moment and said to myself that these cards have to be for someone else.  So I sent an email to TJ, and asked him if these cards were for me.  He said that I had mentioned on the blog that I was going to start a PC of this guy, and he started setting them aside.

So I did a search of my blog for all posts involving this player.  I couldn't find anything stating that I wanted to start a PC .  Now I'm worried that I mentioned this guy on someone else's blog. 

So for a week now, I've had what I would term as a "never ending senior moment".   Trying like hell to figure out where I said this.

The player in question?  Roger Clemens


Clemens has been mentioned a few times on the blog, largely because of his 2 year stint with the Jays in the late 90's.  I looked through those posts and couldn't find anything on starting a PC.

Help me out here if you can.  Someone point me to where I mentioned this, please!!   It'll keep me from pulling out what hair I have left.

Never the less, the 67 cards of Clemens in the envelope are a helluva way to start a PC.   TJ, thank you for taking the time to put these aside for me, it really is appreciated!

thanks for reading, Robert

1 comment:

  1. I can't help you out with your problem... but if it feels better... at least you have a nice head start if you decide to start collecting him ;)

    ReplyDelete