Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Black and blue and Thome too

First off, I just want to remind everyone that the 2nd play in match is still going on.  If you haven't voted yet, but would like to cast your vote, please comment on the 72 vs 71 post from last Saturday.

Now, I had a pretty good finish to my day today.   I had to work the close shift, so I didn't get home until 9 pm.  What awaited me when I arrived home was a great pile of envelopes, totally unexpected.  I'm sure that all of you out there read the Night Owl Cards blog on a regular basis, and if so you may remember that he mailed out a bunch of PWE's at the end of last week.

I did not expect to receive one of those today, because I only knew of one card that I had asked to be set aside...

Everyone out there maximizes their PWE's by sending multiple cards, and the black bordered Reyes was not the only card inside.  Greg hit the jackpot on the Topps Opening Day blasters a short time ago, and I was lucky enough to be the recipient of two blue parallels.


Jean Segura is serial #'d 1360, and is the 35th Brewers card out of 50.   Gerardo Parra on the right is serial #'d 1055, and represents the 32nd card for the Diamondbacks.   Better yet, these two cards bring the total of cards I have to 1125, which means that I am 3/4 of the way finished.

It seemed like quite a while since the last serial #'d cards came in, so these were definitely a welcome sight.

Last but not least, there was a great Jim Thome base card for the PC in there.


Great shot of Thome providing either a pre game or post game interview.  I guess he needed two bats to prop himself up.

What's shameful on my part is updating the Thome have list on the PC tab, and realizing that I've had a dozen cards that have been sitting on my desk for 3 weeks that haven't been added to the list.  I think that this weekend is going to be spent updating my pages, and cleaning off the piles of cards that have accumulated on my desk again.

Greg, I have that Joc Pederson card set aside for you, plus a few other Dodgers.   Should be in the mail this weekend.  Thank you for what you sent, very much appreciated!!!

thanks for reading, Robert

1 comment:

  1. Most welcome.

    I thought I found another serial number for you today. But I was one digit off. Rats.

    ReplyDelete