Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Believe it or not, I listen to her

I've done it.   Survived the first 7 years of my marriage.  When I say survived, I mean that I haven't done anything stupid enough to get my ass thrown out of the house. 

Yet.

Tomorrow is my 7th wedding anniversary, and the wife and I are going to celebrate with a good friend of ours from Florida who is flying in tomorrow afternoon.  We're going out to our favorite wing joint for dinner (wife's choice!), and probably just have a blast tomorrow night.  It's too bad I have to work on Friday....

One of the things that I've learned from my wife over the years is one of her favorite sayings, which over time has become one of mine...

"you can't leave it there at that price"

This card is a prime example.


When you see a 1963 league leaders card featuring Hank Aaron, Frank Robinson and Stan the Man Musial, it gets your interest.  When you see the price tag of a measly $4, yes, you can't leave it at the show for that price.

Yes, it's off center, and the corners and edges aren't the greatest, but it's still good enough for me. 

Card #1 of any set is always tough to find in good shape, so when I spotted this, it quickly moved over to the gotta have pile.

At that price, I didn't leave it there, and I'm glad I did. 

thanks for reading, Robert

10 comments:

  1. Congrats on the anniversary and awesome pickup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great find! Oh, that's a nice card, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on year 7...
    Take it from a 23 year vet ... HAPPY WIFE .. HAPPY LIFE :0)
    Great Vintage card as well
    KEEP ON COLLECTING !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. NOBODY HAS MENTIONED TOMMY DAVIS! WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE! HE HIT .346 THAT YEAR!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your wife is a smart woman. I might need to adopt that saying. Congratulations on the marriage milestone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats all around. Enjoy your night out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a great dinner with your wife and friends.. Congrats on the milestone and the card

    ReplyDelete