Saturday, November 3, 2012

A New York state of mind

I've let music influence a lot of my posts.  From song titles to specific lyrics, I enjoy using music as a basis for a card related post.


Today is no different.  I'm listening to some internet radio with my wife and a friend of mine, and on comes a classic Billy Joel tune.  New York state of mind.

It made me think about a couple of our own.  Two bloggers (and a third reader Steve D. that is a steady trade partner of mine) that were in the path of Sandy.  AJ from The Lost Collector, and Max from Starting Nine both had quite the tale to tell regarding their experience with Sandy.  Max shared his exploits on the blog, while AJ shared his thoughts on his experience with me after I reached out to him via email today.  I also conversed with Steve via email as well since we were just completing a trade when Sandy hit.



Now I know that a couple of blue Wal-Mart parallels for both the Yankees and Mets aren't much of a way to celebrate the fact that each of these members of the blog world are safe from the wrath of Sandy.



But for someone that doesn't normally post current cards of other teams than the Blue Jays, I figured it was the least I could do to show that I was thinking of these guys.

AJ, Max and Steve, I'm glad that you're all OK, and here's hoping that your lives return to normal sooner rather than later.

Enjoy the song, and thanks for reading, Robert



1 comment:

  1. Power returned sometime on Saturday and I returned to New Jersey on Sunday. Thanks for the kind thoughts and I am lucky that everyone in my family is safe and all that I lost is electricity for 6 days and a fridge full of food.

    ReplyDelete