- Caught up on some sleep. These swing shifts can play havoc with me sometimes, so I stepped away from the computer and slept.
- Monday evening was spent reading and commenting on posts/sending emails. I don't do enough of this sometimes, and Monday evening was the perfect opportunity to catch up on some blog reading.
- Cleaned out an entire 4 row box of cards. Needed to do this because the trade cards listed on my trade page are starting to blow out my 2 row box. Plus, I also found a few more sets that were never completed that I'm going to finally put together (one was as old as 94-95 UD hockey...still makes me shake my head that 17 years later I'm gonna finish this finally)
- Thought about the crazy set I'm going to put together, and where I'm going to store it. 1500 cards doesn't just fit anywhere...
- Looked over a couple of envelopes I received from Sam at the Daily Dimwit and David from é, rayhahn rayhahn. (thanks to you both! I will have posts coming on those in the next couple of days.)
Finally, I also started thinking about more blog posts and what to say. I hit a little spot where I really had nothing interesting to put on the blog, so instead of writing drivel, I decided to step away and think about some stuff.
Have to show you all one "card" that I received on Monday, just because the blog can't be always about me running my mouth. I received this from David (rhubarb), and found it to be fascinating.
This is actually something I had never seen before, a 5" x 7" "poster" card of Willie Upshaw. It was printed in 1985 by OPC in Canada, and it is in perfect condition. It isn't exactly a card per se, because there are no stats on the back and it is printed on regular paper and not card stock. But it was great to get and a welcome addition to my Blue Jays collection. Thanks to David for sending it to me.
That's all for now, gotta get ready for work. Have a great day
Thanks for reading, Robert (23 days)
Wednesday, October 19, 2011
The slacker took a couple of days off...
Good Wednesday to all, I hope that your week is going well so far. Yes indeed, the slacker here actually stepped away from blogging for a couple of days in order to get some stuff accomplished. In no particular order, here's what I did: