Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The slacker took a couple of days off...

Good Wednesday to all, I hope that your week is going well so far.  Yes indeed, the slacker here actually stepped away from blogging for a couple of days in order to get some stuff accomplished.  In no particular order, here's what I did:
  • Caught up on some sleep.  These swing shifts can play havoc with me sometimes, so I stepped away from the computer and slept.  
  • Monday evening was spent reading and commenting on posts/sending emails.  I don't do enough of this sometimes, and Monday evening was the perfect opportunity to catch up on some blog reading.
  • Cleaned out an entire 4 row box of cards.  Needed to do this because the trade cards listed on my trade page are starting to blow out my 2 row box.  Plus, I also found a few more sets that were never completed that I'm going to finally put together (one was as old as 94-95 UD hockey...still makes me shake my head that 17 years later I'm gonna finish this finally)
  • Thought about the crazy set I'm going to put together, and where I'm going to store it.  1500 cards doesn't just fit anywhere...
  • Looked over a couple of envelopes I received from Sam at the Daily Dimwit and David from
    é, rayhahn rayhahn.  (thanks to you both!  I will have posts coming on those in the next couple of days.)       

     
    Finally, I also started thinking about more blog posts and what to say.  I hit a little spot where I really had nothing interesting to put on the blog, so instead of writing drivel, I decided to step away and think about some stuff. 

    Have to show you all one "card" that I received on Monday, just because the blog can't be always about me running my mouth.  I received this from David (rhubarb), and found it to be fascinating.



    This is actually something I had never seen before, a 5" x 7" "poster" card of Willie Upshaw.  It was printed in 1985 by OPC in Canada, and it  is in perfect condition.  It isn't exactly a card per se, because there are no stats on the back and it is printed on regular paper and not card stock.  But it was great to get and a welcome addition to my Blue Jays collection.  Thanks to David for sending it to me. 















    That's all for now, gotta get ready for work.  Have a great day

    Thanks for reading, Robert  (23 days)



No comments:

Post a Comment