Sunday, May 4, 2014

It's been a few years

You've seen it, and hopefully read about it once or twice.   My love for the Blue Jays on this blog is no secret.  Yet, I haven't been to a Jays game live since 2008.  Every summer I found reasons not to go.   Even though Cleveland is less than a 2 hour drive from my house, I never took time out to make the trip to see the boys in blue.

But when I found out during the winter that Toronto was going to be visiting PNC Park, I had no excuse.  I immediately starting making arrangements and calling friends.   Last night, I spent the evening in the upper level of PNC and watched quite an entertaining ball game.

One of the guys that I really wanted to watch was Jose Bautista...


Easily the most entertaining player that the Jays have had over the past few seasons, I wanted to see the presence he brought to the plate up close and personal.   Jose did not disappoint, rocketing a Vin Mazzaro 1-2 pitch into the left field bleachers in the 6th inning.  The Jays bullpen went on to blow a 6-2 lead and lost 8-6, but the game was great, and it was really fun watching the game with my wife and a few of our friends from back home.

Jose is also in the middle of a great streak to start the 2014 season.  His 2 walks today saw him reach base for the 31st consecutive game, which is a Blue Jays record.  I'll be keeping an eye out to see how far he can carry that streak, and the numbers that come with it. 

$14 million for this year and each of the next two years may still be quite a steal the way he's playing right now....

thanks for reading, Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment