Tuesday, December 3, 2019

This trade made me a little Chipper

Now before you get in a panic and ask me why I'm starting a Chipper Jones collection, I'm not.  I happened to complete a small trade recently on the Trading Card Database that netted me 3 cards that feature Chipper Jones, but fit into 3 different collections.

First, a card from 1997 Pinnacle:

I'm guessing that this is the contestants from that years Home Run Derby, and it's quite the star studded group here.   The main reason this came my way?  Top row, 3rd from left is Jim Thome.

I finally got around to adding my entire Jim Thome collection to the TCDB, and put up a want list as well.  Heckuva cool card to be the first one to come my way since adding the Jim Thome list.


2008 Upper Deck X die cut is up next.  I'm slowly making my way through this set after restarting the chase a few months ago.  Chipper is the 75th card in hand, just 25 to go. 


I started picking up the Captured on Canvas jersey cards several years ago, and then backed off of them for a few years.  I never traded them or sold them, just suspended the chase.  Now I've got the want list on the TCDB, and now I have 28 out of the 90 card set.  I believe I added 1 or 2 of these to my last COMB purchase; I'm sure I'll show it/them off when they arrive in a week or 2. 

I'm now up to 146 completed trades for the year on the TCDB, which includes one that I had written off until yesterday.  I'll write more about that in a few days as it's another interesting story from the USPS.

Thanks for reading!

Robert

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, that does appear to be the 1997 Home Run Derby field. That would make the back row Tino, Griffey, Thome, Nomar, McGwire, and Brady Anderson; front row is Larry Walker, Ray Lankford, Bagwell, and Chipper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Captured on Canvas set would be a fun build. I built the football version years ago... and it was pretty challenging. Maybe one of these days I'll tackle the baseball set too.

    ReplyDelete