Saturday, July 13, 2019

The Green Machine keeps rolling

I've built a grand total of 2 complete parallel sets in my collecting "career", so there's not a lot of data to go on.  But if past indications hold true, my latest parallel venture, the 2019 Gypsy Queen green parallel set should be finished around the year 2039. 

I'm happy to say I'm a bit ahead of that pace already, as two more trades from the TCDB  rolled in yesterday, bringing my total to 101, just over 1/3 complete already!

First off, my 2nd trade with Colin (TCDB ID: nwcardsupplies) was another successful one, as I was able to bring in 5 more for the set, along with an Ichiro GQ base card that I needed for that PC.



The next group of green cards comes from 2nd time trade partner Pat (TCDB ID:  itsjustoldcardboard), who sent me 17 not so old cards for this set...



Love the Jackie Bradley Jr. card in the first of the 2 scans, it looks as if he took a bit of a beating to make that catch!   I also love the two catchers cards side by side at the top of the 2nd scan, both of them fully outfitted in the tools of ignorance; for me I'd like to see more catchers cards in the crouch pose. 

I believe that this set will look great in a binder and pages, and I'll be pretty excited when I get far enough into the set to make buying a binder worth it.   I guess it's just a matter of deciding when that's going to occur.

Thanks for reading!

Robert

1 comment:

  1. 2039? Now that's what I call having patience. Considering you're a third of the way there... I'd say you're well on your way to completing it.

    ReplyDelete