Monday, July 1, 2019

I'm going to party like it's 1989

First off, just want to send a Happy Canada Day greeting to all that are reading this north of the border today.  Hope everyone up there is enjoying their 3 day weekend!!

Not a huge post today, but a few trades recently helped me knock out a bunch of cards from my 1989 Upper Deck want list.  No major RCs here, I still need the Griffey, Randy Johnson and Smoltz rookies, but it's nice to have this set within striking distance of being completed this year.


I believe that Chris Sabo's card is the only RC out of these 26, but at least there's a bit of star power in the group with Greenwell and Ripken Jr. cards making their way to South Florida.


One of the aspects from the late 80's and early 90's UD set releases that I enjoyed was the art on the team checklist cards.  Both baseball and hockey had some great players represented on them.


A good portion of what I need out of the 103 cards left on this want list is the high number cards.  Roughly 60% of the list is cards numbered over 700.  Thankfully, I have a trade on the way here from the great state of Hawaii (thank you Al!!) that is going to knock off a big portion of this want list. 

Thanks for reading!

Robert

3 comments:

  1. I've actually been toying with the idea of completing this set, too. Although, I think I only have 103 in my collection, whereas you have a 103 to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Iconic set. Best of luck to you on completing it. I grabbed one at the flea market a few years ago. One of these days, I'm going to crack it open and put it into a binder for easy viewing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just pulled in 87 more in a trade yesterday. Bunch of RCs only thing standing between me and the finish line now

      Delete