Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Eight

This post, like most of the others on this blog, is going to be very simple.


This is card #8 from the 93-94 Premier set,  It is the gold parallel that features Kevin Miller.


This is the 8th card in a stack of cards from the 2018-19 SP retail only set, a blue parallel featuring Sam Steel of the Ducks.   I wish I had bought more of it when it came out a month or so ago...


This is the 8th card in a stack of hockey cards on my desk that need to be added to the TCDB.  This 95-96 Select Certified Gold card features Kelly Hrudey, one of my favorite intermission analysts on the Hockey Night In Canada telecasts.


This is the 8th card in a stack of baseball cards that is right next to the stack of hockey cards.  It also needs to be added to my trade list on the TCDB.  2017 Opening Day #75 featuring the Millville Meteor, Mike Trout.  Maybe the player of this generation?


This was the 8th card in a tin of jersey cards that I have sitting in my card closet.  06-07 Sweet Shot featuring Luc Robitaille of the Kings.  I don't know how I was so lucky to obtain the last card in the print run of 200.


This is the 8th card I own of the 1962 Topps set, featuring Dick Donovan of the Indians.  This is the only set that I have started that currently does not boast a want list either on my blog, or on the TCDB site.


This is the 8th card I have in a hard 100 count plastic case that features nothing but Joe Sakic duplicates.  100+ unique Joe Sakic duplicates.   Yes, I've been collecting Burnaby Joe for a very long time.


This is the 8th and final card of this post, my favorite $1 box find of all time.   Don't care about the heavy crease in the center, or the soft corners.   I was able to purchase a '67 Topps Ernie Banks card for a dollar, and that is the story I will always be able to tell.  It sits at the base of the monitor I look at every time I write a post.

You may have noticed a pattern on this post...today is the 8th anniversary of the day I started this blog.  I've slowed down quite a bit for the most part over the past 3 to 4 years, but when I get the urge, I still enjoy writing and sharing cards with everyone.   That's one of the big reasons I still do this. 

I enjoy it.   It's my hobby.

Thanks for reading, it is appreciated!!

Robert

7 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary to your blog!

    A dollar for that Ernie Banks card is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary! Great looking Banks! Love that smile. Congratulations on landing it for a buck. That's highway robbery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 8 years! That's a long time indeed! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was a cool way to announce the anniversary. I didn't pick up on it at all. Great Ernie Banks card, too. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete