Tuesday, July 2, 2019

A little bit of free time on my hands

Working the late shift for a couple of weeks has kind of got me back into the spirit of posting.  Waking up early has afforded me some free time in the morning, so I'm trying (for lack of a better word) to get back into the habit of writing.  I saw this card this morning in my pile of cards to put away and I decided to do a 1 card post...

Manny Fernandez always had the coolest designs

While my goalie mask frankenset has been put on hiatus for the foreseeable future, it doesn't mean that I won't pass up a deal to have something that I like come my way.

This 2002-03 Be A Player mask card of Manny Fernandez was priced at $1.25 which is hard to beat, so I added it to my last COMC order.  This became one of those impulse buys that I make every so often.  Maybe one day down the road I'll chase after more of these, but for now it's nice to have something a little different to go along with the multitude of sets that I'm chasing.

With my self imposed freeze on buying cards until after I return from vacation in early August, it will be interesting to see how many posts I can write without the input of pack purchases.

I guess that means I'll have to work a little harder at trading....

Thanks for reading!

Robert

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. It's cool to see BAP carry on the Pinnacle Masks tradition. Those were some of the coolest hockey inserts back in the 90's.

    ReplyDelete