Monday, April 1, 2019

Tally ho, pt. 2

Well, I rather liked posting my trade progress for 2019 at the beginning of March, so I decided to do it again here on April Fools Day.

For me, it was a really good month as I received 10 trade packages, bringing the 2019 total up to 26 trades, slightly ahead of the pace I'd like to keep to get to the 100 trade goal for the year.

Adding up the totals so far this year, I've been able to trade 311 cards out of my collection that weren't needed, an average of just under 12 cards per trade.   495 cards have come into my collection in 2019, averaging just over 19 cards per trade. 

I also completed a couple of trades during the month of March with our friends to the north, including this one from Dan (TCDB ID:  PapaG321) which netted me 18 cards.

First off, I added this set to the want list during the month of March, and have had a couple of hits so far.   1991-92 OPC Premier isn't a big set, just 198 cards, but it's been sitting loose in one of my hockey boxes for a long time, so I decided to add it to the site.



Lots of big names in this group of 15, and some players in uniforms that I don't remember all that well.   Tim Kerr in a Rangers jersey surprises me, as does Rob Ramage in a Dallas Stars sweater. 

I still need about a third of the set as the want list after this trade is down to 62 cards.  No hurry though, it's already been 25 years since the set was released, what's a few more weeks?

Dan also included single cards from a couple of vintage baseball sets.


Nothing major in terms of star power, but hey, one card off of each of these lists is nothing to gripe about.  I also consider myself lucky as a lot of the cards I've received from trades that involve both of these sets have been in pretty good condition.   As I've mentioned you never know what to expect when trading for older cards so anytime you get them in good shape it's certainly a win.

This next card was the topper for me, something I've been hunting for quite a while:


I'd have to look, but I'm pretty sure that this is the first food issue card I own of Joe Sakic.  Yes, the bottom edge is pretty rough, but try finding one that kids cut off the box in the early 90's in mint shape and see how much you pay for it!

I love this card, and as I mentioned I've been searching for one for quite a while.  What I like even more is that the card features a photo of Joe from his rookie season, easily identifiable by the sweater that he's wearing, which features the #88 which he only wore during the 88-89 season.

Dan, thank you for the trade, the cards are great and really appreciated!!  Look forward to more in the future!

Thanks for reading!!

Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment