Friday, April 26, 2019

Maybe 5 was a bit conservative?

I'm feeling pretty good about the progress I'm making on quite a few sets over the month of April.   I've already completed 15 trades on the TCDB, with another 2 on their way.  As I mentioned last night, there have been a few lately that have knocked off 50+ cards off of my want lists.  Maybe this is what is giving me confidence to believe that my 2019 goal of 5 complete sets might have been a bit conservative. 

Today's post features a new trade partner, Jill (TCDB ID: jt58203) who I was smart enough to heed her profile message requesting larger trades of 25-150 cards.  This trade turned out to be a 57 for 56 deal which might be the largest I've been involved in.


This is the only card for my player collections that came my way, a 2002 Topps John Olerud.  This is the 95th Olerud I own, with no hurry to build it up.   If they come my way, that's great!



15 more cards off of the 1983 list, including Canadian born Dave McKay of the A's.  It is a bit depressing seeing Blue Jays as part of these deals, as it always amazes me that I never grabbed any dupes of the Jays from the early 80's.   Oh well...

Still not quite at the 50% mark for the '83 set, which is a bit disappointing as I thought I might be able to finish this set quicker than some of the others in the 80-86 run, but it appears I was mistaken.






Here's 40 more cards from the '82 set, which makes it's way past the 50% mark with 424 out of the 792 cards in hand.  I'm hopeful that I can finish this set this year, as the only big name RC is already in hand (Ripken Jr.) and there are only maybe a dozen or so cards that I need that will cost $1 or more.  If I can land a couple more big trades to get me over the 500 card mark then I'll likely make a push to finish the set later on....

Overall a great first trade with a new trade partner.  Thank you very  much Julie, the cards are great and really appreciated!

Thanks for reading!

Robert
#210

3 comments:

  1. Posts like this are what make me tempted for TCDB, but I just haven't committed yet.

    Also, don't think I mentioned it, but really like the new blog header/banner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great trade! i can understand trading in how larger volume would be more convenient and less expensive overall! Nice way to fill in those binder pages quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 82T and 83T are two of my favorite sets from the 80's. I remember opening packs of both of these products when I was a kid. Best of luck with both of these sets. Looks like you'll be completing both of these sets by the end of the year at the pace you're going on at TCDB.

    ReplyDelete