Tuesday, April 9, 2019

It counts, but it doesn't count

I was pretty happy to see a bubble mailer in the mailbox today from Pat (TCDB ID: itsjustoldcardboard), even though it contained only 6 cards.  I was surprised to see all 6 of the remaining cards I needed to complete my 2018 Allen & Ginter Baseball Equipment for the Ages set pop up last week on his trade list, so I took the opportunity to strike up a trade quickly.


My favorite of the bunch here is the old time baseball sweater card in the lower right corner, as it's something you don't see any more in the big leagues, even in March and April when the weather still isn't agreeable.

Now that I have these in hand, I decided to do a quick scan of all 30 cards to show them off.





I don't remember seeing a whole lot of love for these cards on the blogs, but I really like them.  I'll probably start a binder of Allen & Ginter insert sets and add this to the Starting Points set that I put together a couple years ago.

Of course, I'm counting this as another trade in my quest for 100 trades this year (I'm at 30 so far in 2019 as I write this post), however I'm not going to count this in the complete set category as it's only a small insert set.  Thus, there's still 5 sets to complete, with a trio of sets with less than 10 cards on the want list. 

Thanks for reading!

Robert

2 comments:

  1. Man... I miss the flip up glasses. They were so cool back in the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I wish I still had the pair that I had when I was young.

      Delete