Friday, March 1, 2019

Tally-Ho

I've been quite fortunate so far in 2019.  Today I received one card in the mail from another TCDB trade from repeat trade partner Robert (TCDB ID:  Hilochef).


I'm still 6 cards away from completing the Baseball Equipment of the Ages insert set from the '18 Allen & Ginter set.  The card itself wasn't the inspiration for this post, it's the number of trades I've completed so far this year.

This is trade #16 in 2019, and I thought to myself that I've been really fortunate in obtaining cards that I want in my collection while getting cards that I don't want out of the house.

I was curious to see how many cards have come in and gone out so far, so I made a little spreadsheet and the numbers were pleasing.

Cards in so far:  285 (just under 18 per trade)
Cards out so far:  157 (just under 10 per trade)

Not gonna lie, this thrills me.  Not only have people been generous when trading with me, I've knocked off quite a few cards off of my set want lists, especially the 1968-86 Topps want lists. 

What is also helping my hobby state of mind is that I'm finding cards that I'd long forgotten about.  Stuff that I haven't seen (partial sets)in several years is now being added to the TCDB website hoping to be finished sometime this year. 

While there are a couple of folks I know in a hobby funk (been there), I've been working hard to get things cleaned up and organized, which has kept me invigorated so far this year.

Complete sets are in the not too distant future as well, so stay tuned for those.

Thanks for reading!

Robert

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Most of the small trades I've done are PWE. Certainly saved me some postage for sure.

      I took a look at the trades I've completed this year, 9 out of the 16 packages I've sent were PWE.

      Delete
  2. I really need to start trying to trade on that site, I feel like I'm really missing out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've invested a lot of time in getting cards on the site & organizing my collection (which still is a long way off from being complete).

      The trades that I've completed are also a big benefit. It's made the time that I've spent worthwhile.

      Delete