Monday, March 4, 2019

Another repeat customer

I haven't bought a whole lot of packs of cards since the beginning of the new year.  I have bought a couple of hanger boxes of this year's flagship product, which I still need to put a post together for. 

In the meantime, I received another trade in the mail today (#17 so far this year), from repeat trade partner Hal (TCDB ID:  ToppsrBest).

Hal chipped away at a couple of want lists the same way northerners are chipping away the ice and snow this year.   Seeing all the weather reports about what's happening this year with the cold and snow up north make me glad I decided to move south a few years back....


Still a lot of commons needed from the '79 set, but the want list is slowly dwindling as the set approaches 60% complete.  The only player I don't remember from this lot of 6 would be Bob Molinaro of the White Sox, likely because he was a part time player for most of his career.  Most of the games played during his 10 year career were during the 78 & 80 seasons with the White Sox.


My '78 set has many more cards needed to complete it, but these 9 help that cause.  Love the look of Bill North in the lower right corner; the bright yellow jersey/pullover with the yellow polo collar underneath looks sharp.  1978 would be the last season that Bill was an A, as he was traded part way through the season for Glenn Burke.  Bill would sign a free agent contract with the Giants after that season and spend his final three years by the bay. 

Hopefully a few cards warmed your heart this evening...

Thanks for the trade Hal, look forward to the next one.

Thanks for reading!

Robert

1 comment:

  1. Is that Candlestick Park that I see in Elliott Maddox's background? Oh how I miss attending games there.

    ReplyDelete