Tuesday, February 19, 2019

TCDB trade #50 is in the books

I was fortunate enough to receive my 50th trade package today from a TCDB member.  Many of you know Matt from the Bubba's Bangin' Batch of Baseball Bits blog.  Matt is a big A&G collector (maybe the biggest that I know), and offered up a trade to knock down some of my '18 A&G want list for a few of the minis that I received from Wes' big box break (yes Wes, a lot of the dupes and minis are being put to good use)!




Lots of stars on these 2 scans, including legends Hank Aaron and Jackie Robinson.  Also, the first scan has one of the Baseball Equipment of the Ages inserts, the modern batting helmet.  This is the first time I've seen the card, and kind of got a kick that they used the Twins logo, and not a generic blank helmet. 

I'm down to 28 to go, 10 of them SPs.   That will change later this week as I have a couple of more trades coming in, one of them having 8 of the A&G cards I need. 

Today's envelope also had a couple of Andrew McCutchen cards I needed.


Well, with 50 total trades on the TCDB website completed, that means I have finished 13 so far in 2019.  Two more trades were shipped out today so I should have them in the week, bringing the total to 15.  Not a bad start, but a long way to go to get to 100 for the year.

Thank you for the trade Matt, it is really appreciated!

Thanks for reading!

Robert

4 comments:

  1. It's not everyday that you see a card of just a lone batting helmet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool. Gotta love collectors helping each other out. Part of me is envious of all the TCDB trade posts being written across the blogosphere... the other part of me realizes that I don't have time to become an active trader in our community or the TCDB community.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely time consuming getting stuff on the TCDB site to start, but now the time has been worth it. I've added a lot of cards to my collection and subtracted a lot more that weren't needed.

      Delete
  3. I need to get myself on TCDB more for the trading community. I have heard it is top notch!

    ReplyDelete