Monday, January 21, 2019

I enjoy modern OPC hockey sets but...

They can be a bit rough to finish.  I decided as part of my last order from COMC to try and chop away at a couple of modern OPC sets that I've been working on for a few years now.  My cheapness is preventing me from taking a full on run at finishing them, even though they are now less than 50 cards each from completion.


I snagged 4 of the cheaper RC's from the 2012-13 set, but there's still 30 legends/rookies to purchase (while writing this on Sunday morning, I snagged 3 of the rookies for $2 combined, so that made me a happy camper).  Some of the prices on COMC are a bit out of whack (see Brandon Manning), so I've been holding off on making these purchases until the cards are a little more in line.

The other 2 cards on the scan are part of the Players Club parallel set from 95-96 Collectors Choice that I'm close to completing.  That want list is down to a dozen cards, a couple of which have been tough to locate on either COMC or ebay.   I may have to try sportlots to finish that up.

Michal Jordan in the lower left.  Definitely didn't have the same career as the other one...


Pulled a nice chunk of 2013-14 OPCs on this order, 15 to be exact.  Again, it's the same thing with this set, some of the prices of the RCs are out of whack, so I've been holding off on these as well.    Down to 40 on this want list.   Good chance that this will be done this year.

Been collecting Sakic for almost 3 decades, and still needed 90-91 Bowman.  UGH!

I'm still managing to pick up a few Joe Sakic base cards here and there for this PC, which is now close to 750 cards.  I decided to sit down and look at the recent Beckett hockey magazine the other night, and came to the conclusion that the days of finding base cards of Sakic for under $1 may be over.  But that's OK, as there aren't a whole lot of new releases featuring Joe, and I have a great deal of the base cards now so it's on to the parallels, which can be tough to find and pricey (see late 90's-early 00's Pacific products as an example).

Today is the last of the hockey cards from the COMC order.  Next up---Fitzgerald.  

Boy there's a lot of them....

Thanks for reading!

Robert

1 comment:

  1. Love seeing Sakics! One of these days I need to sit down and organize/scan mine.

    ReplyDelete