Friday, December 7, 2018

It's been a while

33 days to be exact.   33 days since I've written a blog post.   33 days since I've thought about writing a blog post.

Have I been ignoring cards during that time?  Absolutely not.  Quite the opposite.   I've been working to get all of my cards up for trade on the Trading Card Database.   I'm closing in on 2000 cards up for trade.  Having them on the site also means that they are organized.   Never thought I'd see the day where I can say collection and organized in the same sentence, but it's getting there.

Speaking of the TCDB, my card time has been spent trading.  8 trades completed in November.  5 already finished in December and we're only a week in.  For some of you, that's probably nothing.  For me, it's something that I've been missing for quite a while.


Guys (and 1 gal) have been chipping away at my set want lists.  1981 is almost half complete now.   It's only been a few cards at a time, but as many of you know, knocking numbers off of your want list is always satisfying.


I loved this trade, it was all Oakland.  I sent an A's collector a couple of newer parallels that were never going to see the light of day in my collection, and got back 3 '84 Topps A's cards that were on my want list.  Just wonderful.   My '84 Topps set is over 3/4 done now. 


My player collections have also started to grow, thanks in part to the last 2 monthly card shows.  My Larry Fitzgerald PC is now near 200 cards.   My Ichiro collection took a really nice bump last month as I added almost 40 cards; it's now at 130.  Sundin, Tkachuk and even Joe Sakic collections have all been added to in the past month.

I also found out last month that my monthly card show is moving again.   They don't know where yet.  There was even talk among some of the dealers that there may not be a show in January unless they can come up with a hall in time.   That, would be a bummer.

On a quick side note, a big part of the reason I haven't posted in 33 days is work has been an absolute nightmare.  When you dedicate your life to getting packages delivered, November and December are hell months.  This year, well let's just say the hell has intensified to a level I've never experienced.

Enough said about that.

I am here, I am around, I even commented on a few posts this evening.

If you're looking for my trade list, it's on the TCDB.  My user ID is rmitchell6700.  

Don't write me off just yet, even though it's been a while since I've posted.

If you're still reading, thanks for sticking around.

Robert

5 comments:

  1. Welcome back! Glad to see another success story about the Database. I have made 5 trades this week on there myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really feel like I could grow my Tino collection by doing this. Maybe once I get more organized.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope things settle down for you in the new year. Only a few more weeks of 2018.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't worry, we're all still here :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice trades and hopefully the season goes by quick and you can rest up.

    ReplyDelete