Thursday, October 11, 2018

No comment

Everyone's favorite blogger the Night Owl recently ran a contest for people that had commented on his blog over a 3 month period.  He had quite the list as 112 different people were eligible for his contest.

Imagine my surprise when I didn't find my name as one of them.  It was actually quite the revelation, as that told me that I haven't been active enough reading and commenting on blogs.  Well last night I made up my mind to get active again.   I left a couple of comments on blogs yesterday and hope to keep doing so. 

One post tonight caught my eye, and that is Mark from the Chronicles of Fuji.   Mark mentioned that "as hard as he tries to avoid quarter and dime boxes", which struck me as amazing as they are a big reason for me lately to hit shows.  

I also spotted a post from the other day as Jon from A Penny Sleeve for your Thoughts wrote about possibly taking on a multi sport serial numbered frankenset.  I might have to find a few cards in my collection to send his way...

Lastly, I just found out today that Julie had some surgery recently on her elbow.  That post was from a couple of weeks ago.   Shame on me.

One card rule
It's time to get back in the game and start getting active with the comments.  It's funny how you find things out sometimes...

Thanks for reading, Robert

2 comments:

  1. For years... I built my collection around dime box purchases. The reason I try (and usually fail) to avoid them is because of storage space. I'm literally running out of room to house my collection. I'm lucky that my parents let me keep stuff at their place, but I'm torn because I don't get to appreciate those cards because they're 8 hours away.

    P.S. Glad to see you're commenting again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been at this a long time now, so it seems like it's only natural that you (or anyone else) would go through commenting (and posting) lulls. And commenting isn't always as easy as it sounds, sometimes it can take just as much time to leave a bunch of comments as it would to write an actual post.

    ReplyDelete