Saturday, September 15, 2018

Putting them up and knocking them down

During the extended labor day weekend I enjoyed, I decided to add to my want lists on the site.  I put up 50 common cards I needed for my Mats Sundin and Keith Tkachuk PCs.  I already had a decent size list up for Joe Sakic as well.  

No sooner did I have the list up and I received a trade offer from user Detfan6897.  Edward grabbed a handful of parallels/inserts of his Detroit players, and I received a handsome sum in return.


A trio of older Sakic cards, including the 94-95 Collectors Choice you crash the game silver bonus card.  


4 Keith Tkachuk cards, with the 97-98 Upper Deck card in the lower left corner being an added bonus.


Finally there's 8 Mats Sundin cards, most of them as you can see featuring him in his early days with the Nordiques.  The Sundin collection has really picked up some steam, as I have over 150 of his cards now. 

I've had some good luck so far with the Trading Card Database site; this is one of 9 trades I've completed since April.  I just proposed another trade today, and the best part of all this is that I'm getting inserts and doubles out of the house to people that want them.

I'll be adding some more cards to the want lists in the near future, as the quest to build sets and player collections continues.

Thanks for reading, Robert


1 comment:

  1. Trades are such a huge part of our hobby. I truly miss it. I'm sure I'll eventually start up again at some point in the future, but it won't be anytime soon.

    ReplyDelete