Saturday, July 21, 2018

Some card show goodies


I don't normally start off a post with a scan, but I figured now that I have my new scanner in hand, I'd put the first scan I created right off the top to see what it looks like.

Not bad.





My friends were in town last weekend and asked me if I have a plan in place when I go to the show.  I told them that I used to do that, but usually wound up disappointed.  What I do now is I go and hit a table, hunker down there and see what I can find.

This time around, I found a table that had several boxes labelled "Vintage 4/$1".   Sounded good to me, until about 15 minutes into my dig the dealer came up to the group of us digging in the boxes and changed it to "5/$1".

Well OK THEN!!




So as you can see from the scans, I came home with a little bit of everything.  $17 spent and each card hit one of my want lists.  68, 69, 70 Topps.  89 Upper Deck.  1976 Topps hit big, 1977 Topps also had 13 cards come off the want list ( I put them away before scanning them though). 


I even found some clean check lists for 20 cents apiece. 

A good days work, even without a plan.

Thanks for reading, Robert

4 comments:

  1. Nice haul. Love those 1970 cards, especially the Pilots one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not know Hank Bauer managed Oakland.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is '89 UD now considered vintage?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that 81T Schmidt... especially for 20¢.

    ReplyDelete