Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Digging for Cubs

I'm sure that many of you out there that are on twitter follow the One Million Cubs Project account.   I recently saw a tweet from him that offered up some 1980 Topps cards in exchange for some Cubs.   So I started digging, and it was interesting what I found sitting in boxes while looking for some North Side cards.

PC cards?  I found about 10.   McCutchen, Ichiro, Tkachuk and Sundin all have more cards added to their collection.

The other card that I found I remember buying from a card show quite a while ago.   I don't think I paid a whole lot for it, but for some reason it wound up in a box and out of sight for quite a while.


A nice '74 Topps Al Kaline card.  Funny that I've had this for so long, but never marked it off the '74T want list.  I'm now down to 150 cards to go to finish that set; and speaking of want lists I finally got them organized today, and you'll see the fruits of my labor at the top of this page.  There's still a bit more work to do, but the major reorganization of them happened today.

All that aside, I managed to dig up 96 Cubs cards to send up to Beau.  He had 135 '80 Topps cards to send my way, and I was quite fortunate that Beau said that I wouldn't need to make up the difference, even though I offered.  So by the end of the week my '80T needs will be less than 70 cards. 

Considering I just started putting that set together a few months ago, I'm very pleased at being that close to complete so quickly.   Hopefully I can knock a couple of other sets out that quickly as well...

thanks for reading, Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment